Friday 22 May 2020

At the Beach

In writing, we are learning to describe.
I had to use:
* juicy verbs
* different sentence starters
* similes

I found it easy to use juicy verbs.
I found it tricky to use a simile.
Next time I would ask Josh to help me with ,y simile.

My family was walking on the soft wet sand. I was swimming in the waves and I was jumping in the water. Then I walked on the walkway by the beach to the shop  to get some ice cream. I got some delicious chocolate ice cream from the shop. My family got raspberry ice cream.  We went to the pool because the sun  was burning our faces. We went  to the pools  to cool up  in the water. I went on the amazing colourful water slide. I went on the magnificent diving board and went  back up to the top of the water. Then I hopped out of the water and went on the magnificent long rope into the water. I swam back to the side of the pool and hopped out and went to the warm pool to warm up from getting in the cold pool. It was getting cold outside so I went inside to the warm pools and after an hour we went to the exit, got some lollies and went home and  had  homemade pizza for dinner. Then we watched movies that were called Jurassic World, Resolve and 8 below. Then we went to bed. Then we read a book  until we   went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.